25 Days of Wellness – 2020
Join us for the month of December and work with us while we focus on wellness. From the 1st of the month till Christmas Eve, each day we will be focusing on one dimension of wellness. Being a healthy person is more than just working out and eating right it’s about balance, embracing all the aspects of wellbeing.
Carve out some time in your day and follow along. We will focus on 5 key aspects of wellness; Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual. January marks the beginning of a new chapter and the end of a challenging year for everyone. Let’s hit the ground running and make 2021 the best year yet.
- Day 1 – 25 Days of WellnessLet’s kick off 25 days of wellness with a delicious meal and a workout. Today’s recipe is a delicious Shrimp and Mango stuffed avocado, these things are delicious. Today’s workout is all about moving, no equipment needed, just get moving.
- Day 2 – 25 Days of WellnessThere is absolutely no doubt life is stressful, it’s time to take inventory of those stresses and make a plan. What is something you can do to take a positive step in managing one of your stresses in life? Make
- Day 3 – 25 Days of WellnessTimes are different these days, we can’t just head out and catch up. It takes more effort but it is still very possible. Using tools like Zoom you can easily have a conference call or a video chat with one
- Day 4 – 25 Days of WellnessOne of the wisest statements I have ever heard was at a wedding between two music teachers, the officiant reminded them that just like how the notes of a song have the power to move you and make you feel
- Day 5 – 25 Days of WellnessYou know that feeling when you just can’t put a book down? Let’s get some of that in our life! Find a book that has absolutely nothing to do with any of your responsibilities, a simple selfish read. Something to
- Day 6 – 25 Days of WellnessToday marks the 2nd day we’re focusing on Physical wellness, before we start take a moment to reflect on the last 5 days. Take a moment to inventory some of the positives that came out of taking time for yourself.
- Day 7 – 25 Days of WellnessIt is so incredibly easy to only see the negatives that are around us. Even the brightest positive can be eclipsed by a negative. Let’s all take a moment to take inventory of the positive things in our lives. Maybe
- Day 8 – 25 Days of WellnessIt is far too easy to simply text someone, but when you want that special someone to know you’re been thinking about them, try putting pen to paper. It’s the thought that counts, and taking the time to do that
- Day 9 – 25 Days of WellnessBundle up and go for a hike, it doesn’t have to be anywhere exotic, take a lap around the block. While you’re strolling through town take a moment to look and appreciate all the cool things around you. Maybe your
- Day 10 – 25 Days of WellnessRemember the days when you were in school and learned something new everyday. Maybe it wasn’t your favourite thing at the time, but it is actually a pretty awesome feeling as an adult. Go out of your way today to
- Day 11 – 25 Days of WellnessIt’s Friday… and I think we deserve a little treat. One of my favourite cuisines is Thai… and I have recently discovered that Massaman is my favourite dish. And it’s easy to make… just found that out too. Granted it
- Day 12 – 25 Days of Wellness5 Days ago we had you take an inventory of all the positives in your life, time to build on that. We’re going to leverage some of the positives in your life to make a positive step towards your future
- Day 13 – 25 Days of WellnessGetting together with friends and family is completely different these days. But we have the benefit of technology. Using Zoom is incredibly easy and can be a great stand-in for hanging out with friends. Invite a group of friends for
- Day 14 – 25 Days of WellnessThis is probably my favourite of all of these. Go out of your way to make someone feel special! It’s not hard to do and can make someone’s day! Maybe give them a call and talk about a funny memory
- Day 15 – 25 Days of WellnessIt’s unfortunate that usually negative stuff stands out. Go actively find some good in the world. It’s out there, it might not get as much press but it certainly exists. If you want to stay away from the media, try
- Day 16 – 25 Days of WellnessSometimes you have to go to the classics, making a familiar meal is easy and you know what you’re going to get. It’s cold here and it feels like gourd weather. Enter the Stuff Acorn Squash. This is one of
- Day 17 – 25 Days of WellnessThis one seems weird at first, speaking from first hand experience, but it is one of the simplest things and can make such a difference in your day. Actively trying to smile more. Several years ago I started doing this
- Day 18 – 25 Days of WellnessHere’s a tough one… take a look at your relationships. With partners, friends anything. Take a look at what’s you’re putting into it and what you’re getting out of it. Are you happy with where it’s at? Is it worth
- Day 19 – 25 Days of WellnessLet’s get into some acoustic therapy… for some strange mysterious reason sounds can trigger incredibly vivid memories. Let’s tap into that. Find an album you haven’t listened to in a while, put it in your compact disc player, lean back
- Day 20 – 25 Days of WellnessDoing something that is driven by passion and intrigue is a great way to decompress. Find a new hobby… something that you can get excited about. Bonus points if you find something well outside your wheelhouse. Don’t be afraid to
- Day 21 – 25 Days of WellnessWe can’t travel in 2020, so the next best thing is to set your compass on a culinary destination. Today we travel to India for some delicious Tikka Masala. For those who are new at India cuisine… be prepared to