It’s Friday… and I think we deserve a little treat. One of my favourite cuisines is Thai… and I have recently discovered that Massaman is my favourite dish. And it’s easy to make… just found that out too. Granted it probably isn’t the best choice if you’re looking for weight loss, but it’s a great choice for deliciousness.
I borrowed this from https://lifemadesimplebakes.com
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion – diced
- 3 russet potatoes – peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 carrots – peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 2 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk*
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can massaman curry
- 1 lb chicken breasts – thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- In a large skillet or dutch oven set over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, saute the onion until tender. Add the carrots and potatoes, cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chicken broth, bring mixture to a simmer. Add peanut butter, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and curry pastes, mix to combine. Let the potatoes and carrots simmer for 10 minutes, then add the sliced chicken. Continue cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat, serve over freshly cooked white or brown rice. Garnish with additional peanuts, sliced lime and thai basil, if desired.