I was in the mood for some sweet potatoes and wanted to clean out my fridge. So I went googling and found a one pan recipe. Sold. Check out the original post here https://www.healthy-delicious.com/one-pan-orange-salmon/
Now I improvised because one of the missions of this was to clean out the fridge. So I added some mushrooms. I was going to add carrots but I felt that would clash with the oranges for my promo shots.
I also went rogue with the sauce cause I didn’t want to buy marmalade as I had some incredible stuff I bought from Shelmerdines.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small naval orange
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 4 4-ounce salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat your oven to 400ºF.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and cut them lengthwise into quarters; slice into 1-inch pieces. But the broccoli into florets. Cut the orange into segments.
- Arrange the vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; mix to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place the orange segments on top of the vegetables. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, soy sauce, and sriracha. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and push the vegetables to the sides of the pan to make room for the salmon. Place the salmon on the pan and slather each filet with the marmalade glaze. Return the pan to the oven and bake another 10 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Sprinkle the salmon with sesame seeds. Discard the oranges or, if desired, squeeze the juice over everything.