- 4 chicken legs;
- 5 tbsp. white wine vinegar;
- 1/4 cup water;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced;
- 4 tbsp. raw honey;
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes;
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper;
- ½ tbsp. tapioca flour;
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper;
Ingredients for the roasted peppers
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeded;
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced;
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Season the chicken legs to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a saucepan placed over medium-high heat, bring the white wine vinegar, water, garlic, ginger, honey, red
pepper flakes, and cayenne to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until reduced a bit.
- In a small bowl, combine the tapioca starch with 1 tbsp. of water.
- Slowly whisk the tapioca mixture into the sauce and cook while stirring for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Coat the chicken with the half of the sauce and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Coat with the remaining sauce and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Place the peppers, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven until the flesh is tender, about 30 minutes