- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp ginger root, diced (or grated)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cashews, diced
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into small 1 x 1/2 inch strips
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Diced green onions for topping
- To start, chop up the broccoli, celery, cabbage and mushrooms. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Next, chop up the shallot, ginger, garlic, cashews and chicken. Now you are ready to go.
- Heat a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add in the sesame oil, shallot, ginger and garlic; sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is mostly cooked.
- Add in the broccoli, celery, cabbage and mushrooms; sauté for another 5 or so minutes, until the vegetables are starting to soften up. At this point the cabbage and mushrooms will have cooked down, releasing some liquid into the pan. Pour off all excess liquid.
- Add in the cashews (reserving a few pinches for garnish), apple cider vinegar, fish sauce, cashew butter, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Mix everything well until the cashew butter is evenly distributed throughout the dish. Cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, top with green onions and remaining cashews and serve.