- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 2 cups organic arugula
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch fresh dill weed
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 2 persian cucumbers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- coarse ground sea salt, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 6.5-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Crack 2 eggs in the pan and immediately cover with a lid. Cook the eggs to your desired consistency and keep an eye on them while preparing the salad. (I prefer my eggs over easy because when the egg yolks ooze out onto the salad it creates a delicious flavor profile when blended with the olive oil. This is one of my favorite salad dressings.)
- In a large mixing bowl add spinach, arugula, onion, avocado, dill and celery.
- Chop the ends off the cucumbers, cut in half (longways), slice and add to the bowl along with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and oregano.
- Toss to combine. Split salad between two large plates.
- Top each plate with 2 eggs, a pinch of black pepper and serve.