- 4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup cooked meat (try sliced steak, ground beef, or shredded chicken)
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges or small chunks
- hot sauce or salsa on the side
- Whisk the egg whites
- Warm a lightly oiled 10-inch skillet. Pour half of the egg whites in the pan, swirling the pan around so the whites spread thinly and evenly. After about 30 seconds, put a lid on the pan and cook 1 minute more. Use a rubber spatula to loosen and slide the egg white “tortilla” onto a plate. Repeat once more with the remaining egg whites.
- In the same pan, sauté onions with oil for one minute then add tomato, green chiles, red pepper, cilantro, and meat.
- Whisk egg yolks and pour into the pan, mixing into a scramble with the other ingredients.
- Add avocado at the very end, then spoon half of filling onto each egg white. Roll the egg whites up into burritos and serve with hot sauce or salsa.