- 1 spaghetti squash;
- 13 oz. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces;
- ½ red onion, sliced;
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 5 eggs;
- ½ cup coconut milk;
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, and place, face down on, a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.
- Remove the flesh of the squash using a fork and set aside in a bowl.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are soft.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms; continue cooking until the asparagus is starting to get soft but still crunchy (watch for the moment it starts to change color).
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the “crust” of your quiche by lining a deep pie dish with the cooked spaghetti squash, pressing gently on the bottom and sides to make it even.
- Pour the egg mixture over the squash and add the asparagus and mushrooms on top of the eggs.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.