- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground pork
- 1 carrot, julienned and then chopped finely
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh red chile
- 3 tbs coconut aminos
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fish sauce (I used Red Boat)
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut, with an additional 1/2 cup reserved in case you need more
- 2 cups warm water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine meat, carrots, eggs, and ingredients 5-10 in a bowl, mix well. I used my hands to get a better blend, but it’s kind of messy so you could use a spoon if you wanted!
- Add in one cup of shredded coconut and mix.
- Add the water slowly. It will kind of look like you used too much, but that’s the idea…it should look pretty watery, but you should still be able to form the balls. If you can’t and it’s too watery, add more coconut until you can form wet balls.
- Roll into golf ball sized balls and place on a baking sheet…you may need to use two sheets!
- Bake for 30 minutes