Look what I’m having for dinner today… these delicious Coconut Chicken Nuggets are great to make beforehand, and have a bunch ready to roll. Filled up some plate space with some veggies… how much easier can it get than that?
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½cup coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl combine ¼ cup almond flour, ½ cup coconut and salt & pepper (about 1/4 teaspoon each). Mix to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the ground chicken, 1/3 cup almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, pepper, and egg yolk. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- In a sauté pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Take about 2 tablespoons worth of the chicken mixture and roll into a ball and then coat with the coconut and almond mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken. You should make about 15 to 18 chicken nugget/balls. In small batches place nuggets into heated coconut oil and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer balls to a parchment lined bake pan and place in oven for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the chicken to cook through. Repeat with the remaining chicken nuggets.