These last couple of weeks I’ve been going for strange and exotic smells in our house. This week Butter Scallops. Grabbed this one from a new website for me, but I will be back if this is the level of recipe they spit out… so yummy!
- 2 tablespoons ghee (I used Coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger paste
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons garam masala
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 8 ounces creme fraiche (I used Coconut Milk)
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- In a large skillet or wok pan, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until it just starts to soften. Add in the garlic paste, ginger paste, tomato paste, salt, garam masala, cayenne, cumin, and cinnamon, and cook for another 3-5 minutes. It will be very thick, but the cooking at this stage will bring out the flavors of the spices.
- Add in the scallops and the coconut milk, and cook until the scallops are just cooked through. This will take about 5 minutes. Garnish with the fresh cilantro and serve.