If you’ve ever been shopping with me you will know that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is always taunting me… it’s my favorite thing in the world [read dramatically]. So I went on a hunt and found this beauty on http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/ So I went shopping. Mixing this up the house started to fill with the smell of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I was getting pretty stoked. Fired this in the oven and made sure my Almond Milk was in the fridge, I was going to have myself I nice bowl of cereal mid-day. Living the dream! Now I will be honest, it doesn’t taste exactly like CTC but it is still awesome, and nails the sweet tooth.
- 1/2 cup milled flax seed
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 2 Tbl ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbl coconut oil
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 138 calories, 9g fat, 3.4g net carbs, 5g protein
- Combine the dry ingredients in a Magic Bullet, blender or food processor.
- Add the apple juice and coconut oil and process until fully combined and mostly smooth.
- Spread the batter out on a parchment lined cookie sheet until nice and thin – about 1/16 of an inch thick.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree (F) oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 250 degrees (F) and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and using a pizza cutter or knife, cut into squares about the size of the keys on your computer keyboard.
- Turn off the oven and put the cereal back inside for about an hour, or until it’s crisp and breaks easily.
- If it’s still soft, keep in the oven until completely dried out and crisp.
- Serve with unsweetened almond or coconut milk!