The weather here has finally creeped up a bit and it got me thinking about spring, so I went on a Google hunt and found this recipe for what the author called Spring Pasta. No idea why but the recipe knocked my socks off so I will listen to whatever they have to say. No for real though they could tell me that the earth was discovered to be flat and I would have to agree with them as I wipe this delicious pasta recipe from my beard.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken sausages, diced
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bundle of spinach, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon choice of fat (I used bacon fat)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and remove the seeds and excess threads.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- While your spaghetti squash is baking, pull out a large skillet and place under medium heat.
- Place a tablespoon of fat in your hot skillet then toss in your minced garlic.
- Once your garlic has become fragrant, add your diced onion.
- When you onion has become translucent, add your vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Then add your seasonings, salt and pepper, and diced chicken sausage and spinach. Cover and let simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once your chicken sausage is cooked through, use your fork to to de-thread your spaghetti squash and add your threads directly to your chicken sausage mixture.