I’ve been craving sushi lately, but I’m not a fan of all the rice. Found this fantastic option… going to give this a go tonight!
- nori sheets
- spicy mayo (homemade mayo + chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- cooked shrimp, tails removed
- sliced avocado, cucumber, mango – in matchstick type cuts
- microgreens or finely chopped lettuce. Boston works well.
- Mix your mayo with the shrimp
- Layer your ingredients on the nori. Use a sushi mat to make rolling easier. Cover your mat with plastic wrap. It will be easier to clean up.
- Roll roll roll, starting at the end with the filling on it, working your way around. You may find the nori more pliable if you use wet fingers to just rub the edges a bit. Pull the ingredients in as you roll. You want it as tight as possible.
- Use a VERY sharp knife to cut. Or you will smush them.