I love pancakes, but the Aunt J’s just don’t cut it when you’re trying to eat healthy, so I went googling! And look what I found… yummy pancakes. I know what I’m making for breakfast tomorrow! Found this gem at http://the-healthy-diva.com/2012/05/27/paleo-protein-pancakes/
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 – 15 mins
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 heaping tsp protein powder (I used brown rice protein)
- 1 heaping tsp coconut flour
- t heaping tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil
- Blueberry syrup: 1/2 cup frozen blueberries microwaved for 2 – 3 mins
- Combine all ingredients, except coconut oil in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and grease with coconut oil
- Make several pancakes by pour 1/4 cup of batter into different sections of the pan. Cook until bubbles form on top, then carefully flip and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with lid to keep warm
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with warm blueberry syrup.