Less than 2 weeks to go! I hope everybody is as excited as I am about the first ever Dirty Donkey!!!
Let’s work the lactic acid system today!
- Start the workout with one mile of running, now this is a full out run so be sure to warm up prior to.
- Pushups – 100
- Prisoner Squats – 100; With your feet inside shoulder width and toes pointed straight ahead, have your hands up on your head. Lower your hips down as if you’re sitting in a chair, to a point where your hips are at 90 degrees. From this position push through your heels until you’re standing again at full extension.
- Pullups – 25; Hanging from a pullup bar with your palms forward and hands outside shoulder width. Pull yourself up so that your chin is higher than the bar. Avoid excess use of the legs and lower yourself back down to the start position slowly and under control.
- Sumo Squats – 100; With your feet stretched out past shoulder width and toes pointed out (similar to a sumo wrestler’s stance), keep your chest pointed forward and lower your hips to the ground. Be sure you keep your weight on your heels, and your knees don’t go over your toes. If you find your knees are going over your toes stretch out a bit more. Be sure to not let your knees “drop” inside as well, you should be pushing to have the knees stay on the outside of your foot.
- Reverse Pushups – 50; Laying under a bar, high enough so that when you’re holding onto the bar you’re not resting on the ground. Have your feet in a position to allow you to be horizontal with straight legs. Now pull yourself up to the bar, keeping a straight line between your ankles, knees, hips and shoulders. Let yourself down slowly, you shouldn’t fall back to the starting position.
- Burpies – 50; From a high plank position (weight on your hands and toes with a straight line between, your ankles, knees, hips and shoulders), forcefully bring your feet underneath your chest and jump as high as you can vertically. Once you’ve landed jump your feet back to the starting position and repeat.
- Walking Lunge – 100m
- One Mile run… everything you got!
Check out previous Challenges;
[cat_lister cat = 89]