- 1.25 cups walnut meal (use a food processor)
- 3T organic unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries (no added sweeteners)
- 3.5 oz 70% dark chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2T unsalted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place about a tablespoon of cookie mix in a ball on the baking sheet. Press down each ball. Leave about an inch between cookies as these will spread when they cook.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. After the transfer, cool for about another 1/2 hour so that they can stiffen.
Makes 20 cookies. Enjoy!
Found the recipe at http://cavegirlcuisine.net/2012/03/17/trail-mix-cookies/ they have awesome recipes here… take a look!