Thanks to the extra hit of fiber, sweet potatoes are a filling stand-in for white spuds and are GLUTEN FREE. With just a light coating of olive oil, baking the potatoes adds a crispy, crunchy texture that garners Clean Eating approval while you indulge your craving.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine rosemary and olive oil; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and remove any blemishes. Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Stacking 2 slices together, cut each into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, toss potato strips with rosemary mixture until evenly coated. Spread potatoes on a large parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping potatoes over halfway through baking time, until lightly browned. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and serve warm.
Try these quick & easy fries with chicken, beef, tofu or fish, or, for a vegetarian meal, serve them with lentil burgers.