This one is going to be a doozy, 10 sets, 10 exercises, 550 reps! The idea is simple a countdown 10 times through.
- Pushups – 10 reps; Start with your hands just outside shoulder width, place your toes (or knees) behind you. Try to balance the weight evenly between your hands and toes (or knees). Be sure to keep a straight line between your shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. From this position lower your body towards the ground having your chest touch the ground. Once you’ve reached the ground push through your hands to return yourself back to the starting position.
- Split Squat – 9 reps/side; With one leg forward and two dumbbells on either side of your hips. Lower your body straight down, so just before your knee touches the ground, both knees are at 90 degrees. If you find you’re less than 90 degrees spread your feet further apart. At the bottom of the movement your front foot should be flat on the ground and your back foot be up on your toes.
- V-sits – 8 reps; Laying on the ground with your arms and legs stretched out, raise your trunk and legs up so that your hands and toes meet in the middle. Effectively creating a “V”. Be sure not to throw yourself up be under control the whole time.
- Clap Pushups – 7 reps; While in a high plank position (weight on your hands and toes with a straight line between your ankles, knees, hips and shoulders) lower your body to the ground and forcefully push-up so you can clap your hands while airborne. Be sure to get your hands back to the ground in time, gravity will always win this battle.
- Jump Squat – 6 reps; With your feet shoulder width apart and hands on your hips, lower your body as if you’re sitting in a chair. When you’re at 90 degrees of flexion in your knees explode up and jump as high as you can. When landing be sure to absorb the landing throughout the entire range of motion and repeat.
- Up/Down Plank – 5 reps; With your forearms on the ground and toes behind you, keep a straight line between your shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. From this position push yourself up onto your hands, one at a time. The top part of the movement should look like the beginning of the push-up. And then lower your body back to the starting position.
- Pullups – 4 reps; Hanging from a pullup bar with your palms forward and hands outside shoulder width. Pull yourself up so that your chin is higher than the bar. Avoid excess use of the legs and lower yourself back down to the start position slowly and under control.
- Deadlift – 3 reps; Always start with the bar on the floor. Pulling from the safety pins is a Rack Pull. Deadlifting top down is a Romanian Deadlift. With conventional DEADlifts the bar must always start on the floor. Here’s how to Deadlift in 5 easy steps:
- Stand with the bar above the center of your feet – your stance should be a bit more narrow than shoulder-width to give your arms room.
- Grab the bar overhand so your arms are vertical to the floor – if your hamstrings are tight, do Squat 2 stands to boost your hip flexibility.
- Bend through your knees until your shins hit the bar which must remain above the middle of your feet. Shoulder-blades directly over the bar.
- Lift your chest but don’t squeeze your shoulder-blades like on Squats. Just put your shoulders back & down, head inline with rest of your spine.
- Pull – keep the bar close to your body, roll it over your knees and thighs until your hips and knees are locked. Do not lean back at the top.
- And that’s all there is to it. Lower the bar by pushing your hips back first, and then bend your knees once the bar reaches knee level
- Churpies – 2 reps; In a push-up position, lower your body to the ground and push back up. As soon as you’re in an extended position jump your feet underneath your chest and jump up to a chin bar and pull your chin over the bar. Lower yourself back to a straight arm position, drop to the ground and repeat.
- Clap Pushup Burpies – 1 reps; In a push-up position, lower your body to the ground and explode up and clap your hands together while airborne. As soon as your hands touch the ground jump your feet underneath your chest and jump as high as you can. As soon as your feet touch the ground, put your hands down and jump your feet back to start and begin it all over again.