This is a style of workout we like to a call a countdown, the idea is simple… every time you’ve finished an exercise you move on to the next with fewer reps. The trick to this is that as the reps get lower you need to increase the difficulty of the exercise. So give it a go, and see how quick you can finish the 1420 reps!
- Sprint – 100 seconds
- Prisoner Squats – 90 reps; With your feet inside shoulder width and toes pointed straight ahead, have your hands up on your head. Lower your hips down as if you’re sitting in a chair, to a point where your hips are at 90 degrees. From this position push through your heels until you’re standing again at full extension.
- Scissors – 80 reps/side; While laying on your back, with straight legs just slightly above the ground. Move your legs in an up down motion trying to over exaggerate the movement. Repeat this scissor movement under control, you should be able to do this slowly.
- Sprint – 70 seconds
- Seated Twist – 60 reps/side; While sitting on your butt, lean back as to lift your feet off the ground, you should now be balancing on your bum. Keep you core strong throughout the entire movement, with a weight (or clinch your hands together) in front of you and arms straight twist your torso so the weight comes and touches the ground and repeat for the other side.
- Pushups – 50 reps; Start with your hands just outside shoulder width, place your toes (or knees) behind you. Try to balance the weight evenly between your hands and toes (or knees). Be sure to keep a straight line between your shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. From this position lower your body towards the ground having your chest touch the ground. Once you’ve reached the ground push through your hands to return yourself back to the starting position.
- Sprint – 40 seconds
- Sumo Squats – 30 reps; With your feet stretched out past shoulder width and toes pointed out (similar to a sumo wrestler’s stance), keep your chest pointed forward and lower your hips to the ground. Be sure you keep your weight on your heels, and your knees don’t go over your toes. If you find your knees are going over your toes stretch out a bit more. Be sure to not let your knees “drop” inside as well, you should be pushing to have the knees stay on the outside of your foot.
- Box Hops with Squat – 20 reps/side; With an 18 inch box infront of you jump onto the box with two feet landing shoulder width apart. Have full extension in the knees and hips and from this position lower your body down into a squat (knees and hips at 90 degrees) and again stand up to full extension then step down the box and repeat.
- Burpies – 10 reps; From a high plank position (weight on your hands and toes with a straight line between, your ankles, knees, hips and shoulders), forcefully bring your feet underneath your chest and jump as high as you can vertically. Once you’ve landed jump your feet back to the starting position and repeat.
Enjoy!!! And don’t forget to sign up for Dirty Donkey ASAP!!!