This is SUCH an awesome recipe!!! I made it two days in a row. This meal made me feel guilty while I was eating it!!! The zucchini tastes like julienne pasta noodles! The feta cheese is an optional thing as it is not Paleo friendly but if your meal plan allows it… giver!
- 2 lemons
- 3 ozs Chicken (or any lean protein)
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 zucchinis (I found you need about 1 zucchini per person)
- ½ T extra virgin olive oil
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 T low fat feta
- ** I added a tsp of red chile peppers to my zucchini (if you like a kick)
- Zest 1 lemon; set aside. Cut and squeeze the juice out of both lemons into a bowl.
- Prepare chicken using your favorite method… mmmm BBQ. Place on a plate and pour half of the lemon juice to marinate. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Peel zucchini using a veggie peeler until you get to the seeds (I even went a little past the seeds; no biggie).
- Add oil and zucchini to pan; cook 1 minute. Add lemon juice; cover pan to steam for 2 minutes. Add mint, zest and cheese. Transfer to a plate. Add chicken and sprinkle with a bit more zest and sliced mint leaves.
Calories: 307, Total Fats: 13g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 145 mg, Total Carbs: 28g, Dietary Fibers: 8g, Sugars: 9g, Protein: 19g, Iron: 4 mg
** Nutritional value will change if using chicken or fish.