- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites or egg substitute
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese *** (no cheese if following competition or paleo diet)
- 1/4 cup diced green and red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
Steam the spinach (or microwave the spinach for 2-1/2 minutes on high) until thawed. Drain the excess liquid.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used (if not following competition or paleo diet).
*** Feel free to add chicken, turkey (breast or ground) or whatever meat you prefer.
77 calories; 3g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 10mg cholesterol; 3g carbohydrate; 9g protein; 2g fiber; 160mg sodium (Nutritional value will vary if not using cheese and if using meat products)
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes