Snack on this pre-workout treat to power up your next cardio session!!!!!
Easy no bake protein bars for coffee lovers!
• 1 Cup oatmeal (dry)
• 1 cup natural peanutbutter
• 1 1/2 cups chocolate protein powder ( I used 1 Cup whey 1/2 cup casein)
• 2 tbsp agave nectar or honey
• 1 T natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 Cup sliced almonds
1 Cup unsweetened coconut
• dark chocolate covered expresso beans (or you could use dark chocolate chips) about 1/4 cup
• 5 tbsp water
- Heat the peanutbutter and agave nectar in microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Chop up the espresso beans.
- Mix dry ingredients, add peanutbutter mixture. Use your hands to mix (it gets very sticky). Add water and continue to mix.
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 pan or casserole dish with wax paper to prevent sticking.
- Press mixture into the pan evenly and refrigerate. I prefer to use the honey because it is more natural.
- Cut into 8 squares.
Yield: 8 bars
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: n/a