I got to work this morning and was greeted with a very large email from Jen, she sent me 100 pages of recipes. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me… but it will be yummy work. Take a look at this one:
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 large scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews (1 oz), lightly toasted
- 1 medium scallion, light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lay 4 large pieces of aluminum foil on a work surface and mist with cooking spray. Place quarter of sliced vegetables (carrots, bell pepper and zucchini) in center of each piece and top with 1 chicken breast. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a blender, add banana, coconut milk, scallions, curry powder, turmeric,cinnamon, cayenne pepper and ginger and process until smooth. Pour banana-coconut milk mixture over each chicken breast, dividing evenly. Seal foil packets by bringing together 2 opposite edges and folding them down together, then tucking in other 2 sides. Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and cook in oven for 22 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool for a few minutes before opening.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa: In a medium saucepan, add quinoa, 2 cups water,cumin, and raisins. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for12 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and gently stir in cashews, scallion and shredded coconut.
- 4. Carefully open foil packets and transfer chicken and vegetables to a plate,
- spooning excess sauce over top. Garnish with cilantro and serve with quinoa alongside.
Nutrients per serving (1 chicken foil packet and 1 cup quinoa): Calories: 451, Total Fat: 7g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 56 g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 42 g, Sugars: 9 g, Sodium: 136 mg, Cholesterol: 82 mg