*If spicy isn’t your thing, I would recommend only using 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder, and only using 1 spicy pepper.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and continue to saute
- Add diced tomatoes, peppers, broth, almond butter, cacao.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Sear the chicken in a heavy bottomed hot saute pan over medium-high heat until browned on both sides – You can use more coconut oil. I used left over bacon grease from breakfast … Mmmm … yummy!
- Place chicken in crock-pot, pour pureed sauce over it and set on low for 6 hours
- At 5 hours in, I shredded the chicken
- If there is too much liquid, you can just use a strainer to drain it.