For the first time in a long time the thermometer in my car had a minus sign beside the temperature… this just made me shiver. It’s not a secret that winter is just around the corner, that also doesn’t mean I have to like it. I’m not a big fan of cold weather so I usually go into a soup mode. So the first one on the list of soups to try is this Curried Butternut squash soup. Let me know what you think…
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 4 1/4 cups chicken stock, homemade or canned
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- Heat the oil, add the onion and cook until it has just softened but not browned. Stir in the curry powder and cook it for 1 minute. Add the squash and stir well. Add the stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes or so.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender or put it into a regular blender in small batches. Blend until you reach the consistency you want. then return it to the pot. Mix the yogurt and chutney together. Stir the mixture into the soup and serve.