So today Belinda was talking about making peanut cookies and now I have a craving for peanut butter cookies… so I present a healthy peanut butter cookie recipe. Remember just cause they are healthier (key word healthier) doesn’t mean you can eat them all at once.
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour ( I used a little less, adjust depending on the moisture of the batter)
- 3/4 c oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- optional: 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c smooth natural peanut butter ( I used 1 ¼ cups)
- 1/2 c honey (easier with liquid honey)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- optional: 1/3-1/2 c chocolate or carob chips
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine moist ingredients
- Mix dry and moist ingredients together.
- Cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Drop teaspoons of batter on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or baking sheet for cookies.
- Flatten with a fork if you like.
- Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes – edges will be slightly browned – be careful not to burn as honey browns fast.