¼ cup (50 mL) PC Organics Quinoa
2 cups (500 mL) PC Organics Baby Spinach
¼ cup (50 mL) PC Splendido Parmigiano Reggiano
1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Blue Menu Natural Walnuts
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
8 shallots, chopped
4 PC Blue Menu Skinless Boneless Butterflied Chicken Breasts (about 700 g)
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
½ tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
1. In small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup (125 mL) water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat; cook shallots, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until soft and golden. Transfer to bowl to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place chicken breasts on work surface, opened. Stir quinoa, spinach, parmesan and half of the walnuts into shallots. Pack 1/4 cup (50 mL) filling on one side of each butterflied breast; flatten filling and close breast over filling. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press remaining walnuts over both sides of stuffed chicken breasts. Place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake in centre of oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.