It looks like it’s going to be 5 degrees over freezing today… and that means it’s time to brush the snow off the BBQ and get grilling. So with the “Q” in mind let’s get some healthy hamburgers going.
- 2-3lbs Extra lean ground beef, ideally grass fed
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 Medium Sweet onion, grated
- 1 Ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp black truffle paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- to taste black pepper
- 9 thin slices of cheese (optional)
- Olive oil, to coat the pan
- Gently mix all of the ingredients together except the olive oil and cheese just until mixed.
- Form into 9 even balls. Gently flatten them to an inch or inch and a quarter thickness. Using your thumb, form a hole in the center of each patty.
- Preheat a frying pan on medium-high heat. Use enough olive oil to coat the pan and turn the pan a few times to evenly distribute the oil.
- Put 2-3 patties on the frying pan and cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip the patties and cook for another 6 minutes. During these 6 minutes, you can brush the cooked side of the hamburgers with some sauce (try the homemade BBQ Sauce recipe in our sauces category!) and top with sliced cheese, if desired.
- Remove patties from heat and refrigerate promptly. Oil the frying pan again, if necessary, before putting another set of patties on.
- Eat with toasted whole grain buns (Kamut, Spelt or Whole Wheat) and top with avocado, lettuce, tomato and pickles.
- Makes 9 hamburger patties.
Recipe From: Healthy Hamburgers Recipe – Healthy Choice Recipes.