- 3 lb. boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 3 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet and cook pork roast until browned on all sides, turning occasionally. This should take about 10 minutes. While that’s cooking, cut the acorn squash into 8 wedges and remove seeds. Do not peel. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Place squash and sweet potatoes in 6-7 quart slow cooker. Top with browned pork roast.
- In a small bowl, mix together apple butter, horseradish, cornstarch, allspice, pepper, chicken broth, and thyme. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours until pork and vegetables are tender. 8 servings
Calories: 410 Fat: 12 grams Sodium: 200 mg Vitamin A: 100% DV Vitamin C: 30% DV