- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup no-salt added tomato sauce or water
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (optional)
- Fresh salsa or diced tomatoes (optional)
- Fat-free sour cream (optional)
- Shredded lettuce or green onions (optional)
Heat tortillas according to instructions on package and keep warm.Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat onion until translucent. On a medium-high heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Stir in chili powder and cumin, followed by tomato sauce or water, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Divide beef among warmed tortillas and top with cheese, salsa, sour cream and onions.
Per Serving with cheese: Calories 218, Calories from Fat 65, Total Fat 7.2g (sat 3.3g), Cholesterol 57mg, Sodium 157mg, Carbohydrate 16.2g, Fiber 3.1g, Protein 22.1g
Per Serving without cheese: Calories 199, Calories from Fat 53, Total Fat 5.8g (sat 2.4g), Cholesterol 52mg, Sodium 99mg, Carbohydrate 16g, Fiber 3.1g, Protein 20.4g