This morning Holly stumbled on this great sounding recipe on eatclean.com. It’s delicious sounding and I know I can’t wait to make this tonight!
- 3 Tbsp / 45 ml best-quality olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp / 22 ml balsamic vinegar
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
- 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml paprika
- 1 large onion, chopped into thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp / 5ml cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb / 454 g boneless skinless chicken breast*, cut into 1 1/2 inch / 4-cm pieces
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pressed garlic.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce and stir to coat.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with chopped onion pieces. Discard the marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.